I'm loving my life...so I blog about it! :)

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Inspired...

I am beginning to realize why I blog.

I was just watching the Julie & Julia movie. Julie started off having no "followers" of her blog. Yet she still posted everyday about her journey through Julia Child's cookbook. She never gave up. Which I have done.

If you just sit down and think for a second about someone reading your blog. I am surely 1 out of a million bloggers in America. So how to people graze upon blogs like Julia's? She didn't have a intricate background or bright colors on her blog. So how do you catch people attention?

You would think that Julie Powell would have gave up after not having any followers. Oh no, she persisted and it eventually payed off. She started receiving hot sauce, canned foods, etc. from her fans off her blog. Well, maybe that's what I need to start doing. Have a little journey going through this blog? Maybe it might catch an eye..or two.

I haven't gotten any comments on anything, but that doesn't keep me from writing. So what if I don't have people following me or commenting on my posts. I write this blog for the pure enjoyment of doing something new. I've always wanted a blog, but never really knew what to write about. Now I do, Julie Powell inspired me to just keep writing about my thoughts and journey's through life.

Julia Child. She will never be forgotten. One of the most quirky women I have every seen on television. The way she talks, the way she stands, her expressions, are priceless. I am not going to do anything drastic, like cook through a whole cookbook. I think maybe I might try new things that I would never think of doing. Like, try squash (eww!). Even though I will probably spit it out.

I think for now this blog will just be about me. My journey through life and having my wonderful Savior, Jesus Christ here with me to get me through it.

It amazes me on what little things can inspire you. A movie was my inspiration. What things inspire you? You may be a full time mother or father or a hard working single law student, but you can rise to the occasion and try something new for a change. Julie Powell did, and frankly she didn't know if her job was at stake or even her marriage to go on her journey.

It can be something as simple as taking a walk in the park. Or, reading a book. Or maybe even going through all of Julia Child's cookbook! Whatever it may be take a journey for yourself. Do something! Have fun!

It's late, but I just had to share with you all at the moment while the subject was fresh on my mind!

Love & Rainbows,

The Singer Who Is Short :)

No comments:

Post a Comment